There were some screaming goals during the 2018-10 PSL season. Picking from just a few couldn’t have been easy, but there must be a winner.
The annual PSL Awards took place in Durban on Sunday night. Across several categories, players and coaches battled it out for top honours.
The PSL Goal of the Season, though, was decided by the fans.
Much like voting for the PSL Goal of the Month, supporters had their say to decide the top three goals out of the nine winning monthly goals to make up the shortlist.
From that shortlist, the Goal of the Season was decided and announced at the glitzy do on Sunday night.
Vincent Pule from Orlando Pirates walked away with the honours for his strike against Polokwane City.
Before we get to that clip, though, let’s recap the nine goals we started with.
- August/September: Knox Mutizwa (Lamontville Golden Arrows) vs Maritzburg United
- October: Phathutshedzo Nange (Black Leopards) vs Baroka FC
- November: Gaston Sirino (Mamelodi Sundowns) vs Free State Stars
- December: George Maluleka (Kaizer Chiefs) v SuperSport United
- January: Teboho Mokoena (SuperSport United) vs Bloemfontein Celtic
- February: Teboho Mokoena (SuperSport United) vs Golden Arrows
- March: Khama Billiat (Kaizer Chiefs) vs SuperSport United
- April: Gaston Sirino (Mamelodi Sundowns) vs Chippa United
- May: Vincent Pule (Orlando Pirates) vs Polokwane City
Those were whitteld down to these finalists:
- Khama Billiat-
- Teboho Mokoena
- Vincent Pule