If all goes well on the load shedding front, you’d be able to watch Ant-Man And The Wasp on Sunday, on M-Net Channel 101 at 20:05.
If you haven’t seen it yet, it simply has to go on your watch list, especially after the events of Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War left us all without hope for the future.
Avengers: Endgame is hitting the cinemas on 26 April and we need to be prepared. I’ve included a list of all the films to watch before D-Day arrives. Or is it A-Day?
Best quote from Ant-Man And The Wasp:
Hold on, you gave her wings?!
Ant-Man And The Wasp Plot
Scott Lang is grappling with the consequences of his choices as both a superhero and a father. Approached by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym, Lang must once again don the Ant-Man suit and fight alongside the Wasp. The urgent mission soon leads to secret revelations from the past as the dynamic duo finds itself in an epic battle against a powerful new enemy.
WATCH: Ant-Man And The Wasp Official Trailer
The critics were a bit more positive about this one, except for Dan Jolin from Empire who said it “undeniably lacks the scale and ambition of recent Marvel entries.
Sandie Angula Chen from Common Sense Media said it’s “comparatively light-hearted and optimistic,” and provides the “laughs Marvel fans may well be craving after the heartbreaking intensity of Infinity War.” Molly Freeman from Screen Rant said:
Ant-Man and the Wasp is a hilarious return to the shrinking heroes, but with elevated action and a heartfelt story, it’s a well-rounded Marvel sequel.
The main cast and characters
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp
- Michael Pena as Luis
- Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch
- Bobby Cannavale as Jim Paxton
- Judy Greer as Maggie
- Tip T.I Harris as Dave
- Michelle Pheiffer as Janet van Dyne
- Laurence Fishburne as Bill Foster
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
Sunday Movie: Stats
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
- Runtime: 1 h 58 min
- Age Restriction: PG-13
- IMDB: 7.1
- On air: Sunday, 24 March, 20:05 on M-Net, Channel 101.
Movies to watch before Endgame
We have about a month to catch up with all these before Endgame comes to the big screen on 26 April. Let’s get binging!
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
Movies outside of the MCU Universe, like Deadpool, X-Men, Fantastic Four and earlier Spider-Man films are not essential to the Avengers timeline.
The post Sunday movie: Ant-Man And The Wasp – what you need to know appeared first on The South African.